Friday 3 December 2010

Photos from this evenings walk in the snow

It’s often said that we British love talking about the weather more then anything else and to be honest that’s probably about right, but with weather that’s as unpredictable as next weeks lottery numbers, who can blame us.

If you’ve been following me on either Twitter or you’re a reader of my Facebook page, you’ve probably noticed me talking about the unseasonably cold and snowy weather we’ve been experiencing of late. Well, I’m happy to report that the snow has stopped falling and the sun came out and that means it’s time to take some photos.

As every good photographer knows, light can make or break a photo and the best lighting can be found at either the beginning or end of the day. So with around before sunset my family and I set out on a snowy evening stroll across some local fields.

As the sun set, the fog rose. Here’s a few of my favourite images. Click an image to enlarge...




Camera: Canon 5d mark 2
Lens: Canon 28-135 is
ISO 400-800
Aperture f/5.6 - f/8

20 comments:

Jahaxiel said...

fascinantes.....amazing pics....

Tee said...

The one in the middle is my fav.
Beauty's

emilio_n said...

Incredible! I love your pictures. Any filter or post-work for these? The light of the sun is amazing!

Unknown said...

all of them are amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Gavin love them all but if I had to pick one then number one edges it for me ..

Great work ..

Unknown said...

Very nice winter pictures! I can't believe you are doing this and all I can take for you are dead grass pictures :P

Well done!

Unknown said...

great images gavin. just beautiful

Jody A. Van Slembrouck said...

Oh yes. I was waiting for snow photos from you.
All are special. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great work Gav!

Barbara said...

The light is stunning, I think my favourite is the one with the sheep, although I love that mist in the first one and the composition of the second. If only we had this much snow!

Miguel Angel ROMERO said...

Nice Nice Nice.... thanks for share them whit us!

Barry Weaver said...

You get all the luck Gavin. We had some lovely snow but the sun didn't peep thru once. Just cold grey light. Lovely pics by the way.

Lory said...

Fab photo's as always Gavin.

Lens Canon 28-134 is? Is that right?

Lorraine x

Gavin Hoey Training said...

Thanks everyone for the really kind words abiut the photos. I'm so glad we went out when we did, as almost all the snow is now gone(24 hours after I shot these photos).

Gavin Hoey Training said...

Sorry Lorraine, that was a typo. Should have read... Canon 28-135mm IS. I've now corrected it in the post.

Fernando Barão said...

beautiful pictures!!!
cheers

Unknown said...

hmmm... my first thought is 'wow' nice colorcast, bun when i look a little better, the PS color graduates are a little too much in appearance imo.
Only in the 2nd photo it is just correct, so i like that one best!

Laura lok said...

stunning

Unknown said...

wow! these are beautiful... almost makes me wish we get snow here soon... almost ;)

love the second one. really quite stunning!

Unknown said...

hello Gavin

how do you make them borders, i have always wondered how to do it you should make a video on how to

Post a Comment