Sunday 3 October 2010

Moody Mono in Lightroom 3 - Video

Lightroom 3 is a big part of my workflow because of it’s amazing ability to process a whole days shoot in just a few hours. Picking the keepers from the rejects is surprisingly simple and because Lightroom uses the same engine as Adobe Camera RAW there’s a huge amount of control at my fingertips.

I’m currently working on some Lightroom tutorials so I thought I’d test the water a little. So in this video I’ll show you how you can use Lightroom to process a moody black and white image.

Even if you don’t use Lightroom you can still follow along as you’ll find exactly the same tools in Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) found in Photoshop CS3, CS4 and CS5.

6 comments:

Leigh said...

PS seems so daunting until Gavin takes the helm. Great tutorial...I might just open up Lightroom tomorrow morning for the first time! Thanks Gavin!

SPiRiTCORE said...

Great tutorial!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for this tip! It is a great tutorial as usual.

JohnT said...

Great tip Gavin, thank you very much. I suppose, as you said, you could achieve the same effect by using Camera Raw, why do you prefer Lightroom?

Wauthier said...

Yeeeeepieeeeee! A Lightroom tutorial. Nice one Gavin. Thank you, it's quite a while I haven't heard your voice ;o) Happy to hear you again.
Have a splendid day.

Sharif Ahmed said...

I also would like to know if you can create the same effect using Adobe Camera Raw? Also, did you work with Raw or Jpeg format? Thanks for a great turorial.

Post a Comment